Monday, November 29, 2010

Today's Thought

"The great man is he who does not lose his childlike heart."--Mencius

I love this statement. A child has a heart that is so pure. He is in a constant state of learning and his perception of life has not been altered. He is closer to God and everyday is seeing something for the first time.

After living in my home for ten years at times I take my house and neighborhood for granted. I see it every day so sometimes I forget to see the beauty around me. When I step into my childlike heart I remember that first day coming into the area and how beautiful I thought the streets and buildings were.  At that moment, when I reflect back,  I become grateful and realize how blessed I am. I do this exercise often to keep me grounded and in a constant state of gratefulness. I also use my childlike heart with people in my life that I find myself taking  for granted.  I remind myself why I care for them and how they added to my life and it changes how I behave around them.

It is easy to fall into routines and take what we have for granted.  But this statement will help remind you look at your life differently. Take the time and appreciate what you have and who you have in your life by reflecting back and looking again with your childlike heart. Doing so will encourage love to bloom all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment