Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Where has the time gone?

Is it just me or do you feel the time flying by? I can't believe it is the first of February already.

I am working outside of my daily Whisper business for another 4 weeks. I took an eight week job as a On-Call Optician for a local optometrist to cover an employee who planned an 8 week leave of absence. I must admit I enjoy the work when I am there. The job is very satisfying to me because I enjoy helping people; the doctor so her business can run as usual, the doctor's assistant who needs a teammate and the patients who look to me for advice on frame and lens choices. It is a fun profession that I have been in for well over 25 years.


When I am not working at this job I am trying not to be stressed about the fact that I haven't written in this blog, written my newsletter, or sewn any new toys with the exception of 3 custom order items in the last 5 weeks. I miss the creativity of sewing my darling little plushies and I am disappointed to be missing Valentines day. I wanted to make some pink Cuddle Wumkins holding hearts for the holiday.

But alas, we can only do so much and God willing there will be plenty of Valentine's Days in my future. Instead I am staying calm, enjoying the journey of this outside job and hoping that I don't loose any customers do to the lack of new product on my shelves. I am finding time to make custom items so if you need anything made please don't hesitate to contact me through email or convo me through my Etsy store.

Take care and I will return in full force in March!

barbara@dailywhisper.com

No comments:

Post a Comment