Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Buddy Walk for OC Down Syndrome Association

I was delighted to have a booth for this buddy walk in the Angel's Stadium on November 7th. Many families participated to raise money for this very worthwhile cause. It was easy to see that these were special families as they were calm and friendly with well mannered kids. I was just a spectator and vendor and I loved every minute the day. I had a great response to my product line. The children, with and without down syndrome loved my plushies. They twisted their necks to look more if their parent had them by the hand and walked by without stopping and the ones who stopped had the most delighted expressions on their faces. I was happy with my sales and the experience gave me the fuel to continue sewing and creating. There is something about a smiling child that warms my heart and fills me with joy. I can't think of a better feeling.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment