Saturday, August 4, 2012

When I was a little girl I remember having a doll that was almost my size. I remember she had elastic on her feet that wrapped around my feet so we could both move together. The joy of a big friend that I could always count on made my heart happy.

This was the first plush toy that I made in 2009. Back in the 70's when I was in high school I made lots of these. They were called Gollywogs and I have a pattern in 3 different sizes. I used to sew them and stuff the legs with those styrofoam pellets that go inside bean bag chairs. My mom's house was always a mess with those pellets because they were so light that they would fly everywhere and land in the most unexpected areas. My sister had a friend with a beauty salon and she gave me some shelf space to sell these silly dolls. Fun times.....

To see my 2012 plush toys visit www.cuddlewumkins.com

No comments:

Post a Comment