Thursday, April 21, 2011

Loving Work: Is it Possible?

They say if you do what you love for a living you will always be happy. I have also heard if you do what you love money will follow. I am not sure the second statement is true because in my mind if you do what you love and you turn it into a profession the fun slowly evaporates into work. Then how do we make a living at doing something we love? I am finding this out through my own journey. I make these cute little guys called Cuddle Wumkins.


 Cuddle Wumkins awaken our imagination and bring us back to a more simple time when life was not so complicated. A time when a plush toy gave us comfort by being our friend.



Every time I fininsh sewing a Cuddle Wumkin I smile. I love their silly faces and plump bellies. I imagine what a child will feel holding it close and looking into its eyes. Then I become excited for another day of sewing and I look forward to my sales and seeing the expression on people's faces when they get a chance to experience them first hand.

It is a gift to be doing what I love and luckily I have a husband that supports me in many ways so I can find out in this journey if the second quote is true. That when you do what you love the money will follow. I will keep you posted on that!


No comments:

Post a Comment