Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Inspirational Message

"I enjoy making friends. Each new friend opens a window in my mind with a view of a world I never knew before." -Daily Whisper Inspirational Cards

I grew up with a family that relocated quite a bit. I was forever the "new kid" at school and on the block. Because many people inherently stay in their own bubble, I had to seek the other kids who were also alone to find my friends and I met many wonderful childhood companions that way.

As adults I believe we tend to keep with the same friends we have had for a long time. I once worked with someone who said she had enough friends and could not add any more to her life. I didn't understand her way of thinking but I accepted it.

I am still that kid who is looking for friends. For me, I can never have too many. Friends and their stories enhance my life. They give flavor to my sometimes boring existence, they encourage me to be better than I think I can be and they open doors to new ways of thinking. What I enjoy even more than new friends is mixing them with my old friends. Having a dinner party with two couples for instance, who have not met before, is always interesting. It's a way to learn more about everyone present. We all bring out different facets in people and a group of six carefully chosen people can birth very interesting conversations.

I wonder if you have new people on your block who need friends? Or someone at work who is new in town. If so and they seem like a pleasant person, invite them to lunch and share your story and let them tell you theirs. You may find that you have a lot in common and they may just have a story that will open a window in your mind.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment